Thursday, December 6, 2012

Old Fashioned Christmas, London Ohio

After trudging through miles of cold, I am now toasty warm, back inside. The Old Fashioned Christmas was not what I expected it to be. There was a hay/carriage ride, some carolers, and hot chocolate or popcorn for a price or donation. It was very sparse in comparison to the last one I attended. It did leave me disappointed and wishing there had been more activity.

There was delicious hot chocolate, cookies, coffee and Belgian waffles provided by the London Coffee Peddler, or at least Mike, for the Trails of Madison County (I don't know their real name). The hot chocolate had some sort of spice in it which I am thinking is cardamom. It made it pleasantly delicious. The Belgian waffles had a light citrus flavor and made me regret getting the cookie instead.

There wasn't much of anything to look at or participate in. If you wanted to stand around for 45 minutes you could jump in a vessel drawn by horses to the other side of Main Street. But who has that kind of time while freezing your toes off. I did receive a free roll of wrapping paper, which are covering many gifts at the moment. There was pictures with Santa, for $5 and the shops stayed open a little later than usual.

All in all, it was just like a consumer's commercial all night. "Come in here and buy something" is really what it should be named. The last time I attended, there was free hot chocolate and at least 6 groups of carolers, a walking Santa, candy, cookies and all sorts of things. Now its just like a Christmas advertisement.

No comments:

Post a Comment