Thursday, May 2, 2013

Mojoe's Rhythm and Brews, McArthur Ohio

After 15 days of struggling with the interwebs company, I am finally back on line. I have been itching to tell people about Mojoe's Rhythm and Brews. It is a converted bar turn coffee house. The thought is an amazing opportunity and I know they can do more with the huge amount of space they have. Walking in, it does have a bit of a grunge-like coffee place. It still feels like a bar, but in a better way. The conversion suits the place and I really like the coffee. The hubs and I found this place by accident. We were just driving along and I just so happened to look over and read the sign out loud. We thought it might still be a bar, but I was wanting to take a chance to find out for sure. Although there is a small coffee cup on the sign, the owner even admitted to the confusion. As a suggestion, there needs to be bigger, more conspicuous material on the sign to tell people its a coffee bar.

Now to the coffee. I got an Irish Haze latte, which is Irish creme and hazelnut. The only thing I wished they could've had was soy milk, being lactose intolerant, but there isn't a high enough demand for it right now. The hubs ordered a white chocolate butter rum frappicino with a double shot of espresso. The butter rum was a little strong, but he loved it. The Irish haze was delicious. Usually the hazelnut tries to overpower the entire drink, but this paired nicely with the Irish cream.

The lady who was working the counter (whom I think was the owner) was really friendly and very helpful. We are the most indecisive people on the face of the planet and she patiently waited for us to decide what we wanted to try.

This is not only a coffee house, but it also has live music, karaoke and serves pizza and ice cream. They also just came out with a kids menu and fudge. It does seem like its going in the right direction and I am excited to return sometime to see how its going. The prices were better than other places, like Starbucks, and you can chill and relax. I recommend this place and give it 4 stars, it has a lot of potential.  

For more informtion about Mojoe's Rhythm and Brews, visit their facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/MojoesRhythmBrews

3 comments:

  1. Do you think they have a low carb java? Me and sugar don't seem to get along so well these days and low carb java that is worth a hill of beans is hard to find. PS: Saw the sign outside and remembered late night jams when it was still a bar and an early breakfast afterwards at the Mac.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not actually sure if they do. It would be a great reason to stop by to find out. I'm sure the people there would be more than helpful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How was the coffee? The regular non flavored coffee.

    ReplyDelete