Thursday, August 2, 2012

Court Street Diner, Athens Ohio

This is located smack dap in the middle of Court Street in Athens. It is a typical 1950's looking diner with an awkward atmosphere. The menu alone is enough to give anyone a headache, trying to decide how they are going to be over charged. When the hubby and I went here, I got a classic club with cottage cheese. It was the only thing on the menu I figured out not be able to be screwed up....but you know what they say about assuming. Every club I have ever had was toasted with tomato, lettuce, turkey, sometimes ham, bacon, cheese and mayo. This one had plain, non-toasted white bread with turkey, two slices of bacon, tomato and a little piece of lettuce. It was about the size of my hand, and being 5'2'', that is pretty small. For $7.99 I could have gotten a foot long that was better quality. 


The menu is outrageously huge, but being a college town whose students major in hangovers, I see why they have to releave every single craving anyone could possibly have. From burgers to quesadillas to breakfast food to classical American comfort food, this place has about everything here...about. It is definiatly not worth the price.

2 Stars. That's it.

Mini Chef

No comments:

Post a Comment