Thursday, July 26, 2012

Dairy Queen, Logan Ohio


Now, I am not a fan of posting about fast food places unless they really have an impact. Today, July 21, I went to the Logan Dairy Queen. I am not a huge fan: their food is way to expensive and the quality is not usually that great. But this Daisy Queen wasn’t that bad. 
I got a Hamburger with ketchup and mustard only, cheese curds, and, if course, Dr Pepper, no ice! I was pleasantly surprised by the meal, except for the amount of cheese curds. The small container which fit into my hands cupped together was not work the 3.29. The hamburger, however, actually had toppings on it, unlike McDonald’s and Burger King where all they do is swipe some condiment on the bun and call it a day. It tasted like someone just pulled it off a charcoal grill. It was the best Dairy Queen sandwich I have ever had. Now the cheese curds, on their local menu, wasn’t that bad. We have them at Bob Evans and I wanted to see if they were similar. The cheese was a little too greasy for me to get them again but the major let down is that they had no marinara sauce. Whoever thought of the idea of serving Ranch Dressing with deep fried cheese should be shot in the knee caps.
Though this experience was more pleasant than anything I’ve every experience in the Nelsonville chain, it wasn’t enough to write about. Speaking of Nelsonville, if you want to wait 20 mins for sub par food that is cold by the time you get it because no one knows what they are doing there, by all means go there.
It was when I was walking out of the store that I got this little nugget. The girl behind the counter, who could not have been more that 17, was talking to a guy that she apparently knew. She said in a very loud voice that she tried Chardonney and did not really like it. This shocked me that a minor would even publicly volunteer this information let alone at work. This was followed by her major saying ” Wait, how old are you? I didn’t think you were 21.” To which the girl shut her mouth and walked away. I laughed to myself at the stupidity of this teenager and pitied the poor man who was subjected to this idiocy. However, I think she will soon be out of a job.
I give this place 3 stars for the chuckle.

Mini Chef

(Some comments were made when I posted this on my Tumblr. I don't post about fast food unless something occurs of which I wish to share. The whole point of this was to mention the girl squawking about alcohol, not really to comment about the over processed chain food.)

No comments:

Post a Comment