Thursday, July 26, 2012

Millstone BBQ, Logan Ohio


As a full fledged fan of BBQ, I have to give some props to this place. I love ribs, brisket, pulled pork….just deep southern food. The first time I went, I was in love. The ribs were saucy and tender, the beans were tasty and not mush like most places. And the corn bread….oh my Lord, the corn bread. If I was a prisoner I would request that corn bread for my last meal.
The place feels like hill billy chique, which is a little odd but works. Almost like Texas trying to be fancy. But the uniqueness of it gives it a home style feel. The servers are friendly and surprisingly I am not bitter toward them for not hiring me -_- 
Moving on…. 
I took my now hubby to this place for his birthday dinner. We, of course, got ribs. Now I don’t remember everything I eat everywhere I go so this is not going to be a true summary. The ribs were smoky and flavorful. Almost to the point of fall off the bone. I can’t for the life of me remember what sides we got, but we only wanted ribs, which we got plenty off. For a little po-dink town like Logan, this place is a gem. But if you want amazing, thoroughly knock your socks off bbq, this place has a bit to go. The food was good and the corn bread was heavenly, but there just seemed to be something a little lacking. I don’t remember what exactly but it was like they were almost to the finish line but was stuck on the treadmill. 
Now I have had ribs from other restaurants before and these were in the top. If course one place I used to work at dared to serve me MICROWAVED ribs. That is a capital sin in my book. Punishable by death. ;) But the Millstone is a good place. Friendly and clean with unique taste in bathroom decor. 
All in all I give this place 4 stars
Mini Chef

3 comments:

  1. There's nothing wrong with microwaving ribs. At my job, where I'm executive demi-chef de partie, we have 3 minute ticket times. And we make our food fresh from frozen, so that's a really quick order. It takes a lot of skillz to go from frozen to thawed to cooked in 3 minutes. But dont forget to taste everything by taking a bite out of it. Even if its ribs. I know becuz theyre so tastee. Spiders spin webs in the corners. BBQ for life. Puhleeze you dunt even know how hard being a executive demi-chef grill cook is. ill tech you to hold a spatula. you cant sling as many burgars as me woman. i cant even call you chef cuz no chefs is womens. peace i'm out.

    im live blogging this comment to you while im doing 140 covers at once. eat that, then write a review of it. 5 stars to your mouth, y'hear.d

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me stop you right there. Besides your atrocious lack of grasping the english language, there is a lot more wrong with what you said. In case you have never heard of Gordon Ramsey, who preaches this religiously, there is nothing fresh that comes from frozen. I never said anything about "knowing how hard being an executive demi-chef" is. However, your comment about me being a woman is greatly offensive. There are a ton of great female chefs that could cook circles around you. Oh, and by the way, if you were really doing 140 covers at once, you would have a hard time keeping your brain intact let alone have time to bash someone's blog. So thanks for the lies, but get your head out of your butt, its not a hat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soup kitchens also do 140 covers at once. Anything is easy to do when all you have to do is push a button to heat up crap food. If you were actually good at your job you wouldn't be slacking at work and on the internet. In real restaurants where real chefs work, that would be cause for suspension, strong reprimands and even termination.

    ReplyDelete