Sunday, July 29, 2012

London Coffee Peddler, London Ohio

This place opened up not too long ago in my home town. It is a one man, and occasional family member, operation. They buy their coffee from Hemisphere Coffee Roasters, or HCR. HCR buys their coffee straight from the farmers and try to cut out as many middle men as possible. They opened last year and from what I can tell, it seems to be going well.


They have chess meetings here every Wednesday at noon and this is a bicycle repair shop as well. Weather it is needing your chain fixed, your tires pumped, or seat adjusted, Mike lends a helping hand. For more information about the services he offers, contact the store at 740-490-7328 or send an email at mike@londoncoffeepeddler.com.


I was dying to try this place since I saw them start construction. I love finding new and awesome coffee shops, little places that just love what they do. Mike has a variety of flavors and my sister even helps with making specials for holidays and seasonal coffees. I myself had a hand in making the special menu in honor of the summer Olympics 2012. But whatever you would like, Mike tries to make it work as best he can. He recently started selling sandwiches and soups. There are also pastries, cookies and other beverages besides coffee and espresso available. A somewhat full menu is available on the website linked below.


My absolute favorite is Dark of the Moon Ride. This delicious drink is amazing weather hot or...that's right....blended. It is espresso, dark chocolate, caramel, steamed milk and whipped cream, which I leave off. The dark chocolate brings out the bold, nutty and earthy flavors of the espresso while the caramel accents the sweet and almost minty undertones. I was told he does a cold press, which is brewing coffee in cold or room temperature water for a long period of time versus a quick brew with hot water. This saves on the bitterness hot coffee gets when cooled.


With the wireless internet available, it is impossible not to sit and linger for a good hour, or four...five...six. He is friendly and knowledgeable about the bike trails around the area and more. He will give you advice and tips about bikes, trips and even tell you about upcoming excursions planned. 


I give this place 5 stars.


Mini Chef


No comments:

Post a Comment